Good afternoon, RES Families
Our students were introduced to our revamped “Feathers” PBIS (Positive Behaviour Intervention & Supports) initiative this week. We have had posters and decorations donning our halls, gathering buzz and buy-in from our Eagles, K through 5. PBIS is a behavior management system adopted by many schools, and the premise is simple – teach expected behaviors and focus on the good behaviors that you see. Such initiatives are a common approach to behaviour management in the Anglophone East School District.
PBIS have incredible benefits, including but not limited to:
• Builds social skills
• Reduces office discipline referrals
• Increases instructional time
• Improves social and emotional development
• Improves school safety
• Increases student engagement
• Improves academic performance
• Increases family involvement
• Improves faculty retention
• Improves classroom management
• Improves school culture
Please check out the link provided to learn more about how RES Staff are catching our students at their best!
When a child is nominated (by any Staff) for their good deeds:
- A notification will be sent home (via email). We ask that you celebrate and “pump-up” your child(ren) when they are recognized for their good behaviour. Reinforcing the good behaviours at home is a critical component of the PBIS arrangement at RES.
- Nominated students will also receive a colour coded feather pertaining to one of the three Student Pledges their positive behaviours exemplified.
- Hands are for Helping.
- Sharing is Caring.
- Doing the Right Thing.
- They will have their name displayed on their pods “Eagles’ Nest.”
- They will be eligible for a photo-op with none other than Eddie the Eagle at the end of each month.
Keep an eye out for more good news & feathers coming home soon! Go Eagles, Go!